RE: EIT exam preparation

This is a good recommendation from Jason.

My suggestion would be to go for "more bang for the buck".  Most of the
EIT study publications give a breakdown of how many questions in each
subject catergory will be present.  I would suggest that you look at the
list and study/refresh yourself on the subject catergories that have the
most questions (i.e. "more bang for your buck").  For example, when I took
the exam, engineering economics was a subject catergory that had quite a
few questions, while chemistry had very few questions...so I spent my time
studying (actually, learning since I had not had any engineering economics
up until that time) the engineering economics material.  Similarly, I
spent time refreshing on statics, solid mechanics, and calculus since
there we other subjects will larger number of questions (and since I was
doing structural engineering in school, the statics and solid mechanics
were near and "dear" to my heart...isn't that touching?).

The next thing to keep in mind is not really as study issue but a test
taking issue...don't dwell too long on any one question when taking the
test.  If you don't know it right away, skip the question for the time
being and come back to it towards the end of the session after you have
done all the "easy" questions (i.e. the ones that you can answer quickly).

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI