Re: Feedback on this years 12% SE Exam pass rate???

Laurence,

This is not about what a PE vs SE CAN DESIGN........

My grandmother can perhaps DESIGN any structure as well.......
However she perhaps does not have the authority to STAMP (i.e seal)
the  structural design calculations as well as the construction documents
package for
Hospitals, High-Rise structures etc.......

Hope this helps.

Desi J. Kiss

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:25:18 -0800 "Laurence B. Oeth"
<viacalx(--nospam--at)europa.com> writes:
> Considering the limited statutory control of what a PE vs. SE can
> design in
> California, the SE should be quite restrictive.  I wouldn't propose
> a magic
> number, but over 20-25% passing seems pretty loose for what the SE
> is
> supposed to represent.  If the test was fair, then 12% is a pretty
> strong
> indictment of engineering schools and training.
>
> Laurence B. Oeth PE
> #8 Garibaldi
> Lake Oswego, OR 97035
> 503.636.3033

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3969773;6991039;g?http://svc.travelocity.co
m/p
> romos/millionmiles_main/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html

> > *
> > *
> > *   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> > *