RE: IBC 2000 Seismic maps

If you want to get the lat/long for a site, try one of the many mapping web sites like mapsonus.com or mapblast.com etc.  These two at least, let you enter an address or click on a location and will display that location's lat. and long.

  Jason Kilgore <jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com> wrote:

Szuchuan
Yes, they are the same maps. For more information on the maps, go to the
USGS Seismic Mapping website: http://geohazards.cr.usgs.gov/eq/.

For more accurate Ss and S1 values, click on "Hazard by Zip Code" or "Hazard
by Lat/Lon". Then enter the USPS zip code or Latitude/Longitude and the
page will return values that are more accurate than reading of a large-scale
map. If you're in a high-seismic zone, it's recommended that you use the
Lat/Lon method. This is the same information that is on the CD that was
mentioned earlier, but it's free.

If the project is in the US and you don't know the zip code, to go
http://www.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/lookup_zip+4.html.

Barry:
The site above has links where you can download the text file containing
hazard values at specific Lat/Long coordinates that is used to generate the
maps. From that you can create your own maps, similar to a topographic map.

It also has a map generator. You enter the Lat/Long range and it will
create a rectangular map. You can even add county boundaries if you want.
It first generates a .gif image for preview, then a postscript file you can
download. The site has changed recently and not all of the links have been
updated, so you'll have to look a bit before you can download your custom
postscript map from their FTP server.

-----
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.