RE: GUARD RAIL FOUNDATION/ANLYSIS & DESIGN ?

Syed,

>From AASHTO Chapter 2:

The Horizontal force on a parapet is 10k which is applied
at 2'-8" above the base of the parapet.  This 10k force
is allowed to be spread over a 5' distance.  For the force
on the actual foundation, I would think that you could spread
it out as you get further down in the ground.

HTH.