IBC 1617.1.1 D=?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: IBC 1617.1.1 D=?
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:03:02 -0500
I am trying to go through a design using the new IBC 2000 and I have a question regarding Equation 16-28 (page 357). I thought I understood what they were doing until I read "D = The effect of dead load". Is this correct or was it meant to be "The effective dead load"? I guess it is a similar question for "QE = The effect of horizontal seismic forces". If it is correct as written, I don't think I understand the formulas.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
- Prev by Subject: IBC & IRC Seminars 3/4-5 in L.A.
- Next by Subject: RE: IBC 1617.1.1 D=?
- Previous by thread: RE: PE, SE, ETC
- Next by thread: RE: IBC 1617.1.1 D=?