Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: PE/SE distinction

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
"You get an SE license in the state of Washington by doing almost the same
thing as in Illinois.  The one additional requirement of Structural III exam
is required.  This is a four hour (I believe) exam that concentrates on
seismic/structural design.  It is made by the State of Washington."

WA just changed their requirements.  The new rules require the SE II and the
WA SE III.  The SE I is no longer required.  The SE III is now given only
once a year and has been lengthened to 8 hours.  The passing rates of the WA
SE III are historically similar to the CA SE exam (10% - 30% typically).
Also, you are required to get your PE and two additional years of experience
before you can take your SE.  So, WA requirements are probably more similar
to CA at this point.  I have to feel a little bad for people who are
registered in more than a handful of states.  It can't be easy sorting
through all these requirements.

Paul Crocker, P.E. (WA)

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
*   site at:
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********