RE: PE, SE, ETC

Keith,

As Forrest pointed out, NSPE does sell a book that supposedly outlines all
the licensing requirements for each state.  I don't know if it does SE
licensing in addition to PE licensing or if it is just the PE stuff.  You
also have to content with the fact the information in such a book has the
potential to be slightly out of date.  You can also download summaries of
the licensing laws of an individual state from the NSPE website (for a
fee, of course).

You might also contact Marc Barter at the Structural Engineers Association
of Alabama (www.seaoal.com).  He put together some information on what
states do what for licensing for SEs.  This was part of SEAOAL's effort to
lobby the Alabama state government to enact an SE act in Alabama.

You can also try contacting the Certification Committee of NCSEA or just
contacting NCSEA themselves.  They might have this information as well (if
so, some or all of it likely came from Marc Barter).

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI