Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]


[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Do a careful financial check of this before applying.  I briefly considered
it, then decided that I didn't *need* it.

The NCEES program is fairly expensive, and is in addition to the fees the
individual states charge for comity review.  Also, you have to pay NCEES
each year to keep your record "current".  I *believe* (not 100% positive)
you also have to submit new letters of reference each year as well.

If you're applying for licensure in several states in a short amount of time
then it might be worthwhile.

If your employer is willing to pay for it then it really is a great program.

Jason W. Kilgore, P.E.
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.
(816) 444-3144

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Mallard [mailto:jonathan.mallard(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 4:12 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: RE: PE, SE, ETC

On a slight tangent....

One service that I found useful as a newly licensed engineer is
the NCEES' Licensure through Comity program.  You pay them a fee,
establish a record of your licensure, work experience, and references.
Then when you require a license in additional states, you can forward
a copy of that record to the states.  They also provide a table
of which states will accept what part of the record.  This can
eliminate a lot of typing and streamline the process for those that
seek licensure in multiple jurisdictions.

For more information:

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
*   site at:
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********