PE's and Pencils

All this talk about licensure reminded me of something.  My wise is taking
the PE in Missouri this year (electrical).  I noticed in her application
packet (and on the NCEES web site) that participants aren't allowed to use
their own pencils - they have to use ones provided by the exam proctors.

What's up with that?  Are they afraid that someone is going to sneak in a
laptop and one of those pencil-sized one-line scanners and "steal" the exam?

-----
Jason W. Kilgore, P.E.
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.
(816) 444-3144