From: Gunnar Hafsteinn Isleifsson [mailto:gunnarhi(--nospam--at)post4.tele.dk]
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2002 4:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: IBC 2000 Seismic maps

I have a question regarding determination of seismic effects in IBC 2000.
I've never seen the IBC 2000, but as far as I understand it does not use
Seismic Zones like UBC97. Does this mean that IBC 2000 can not be used
outside US until that time when S1 and Ss maps have been developed for the
rest of the world? Or do such maps already exist?

Regards,
Gunnar Hafsteinn Isleifsson
Denmark