Computer File Management

We are in the process of upgrading our entire network, computer work
stations and software. My questions relates to data management software.
What type of software is available for managing cad files? Is this software
reliable? Does it offer security and access right privileges? Please provide
some recommendations and criticisms of the various types. We are currently
looking at SYNERGIS ADEPT http://www.synergis-adept.com for data managment
solutions. Has anyone used this software?

Regards,

Anthony