Re: 3x6 T&G diaphragm capacity

Mark,

Hey, it looks like I've finally found a use for this aging little pamphlet that I've had for 30 + years: "Roof Diaphragms with 3" Decking -- Effects of Adhesive and Openings", by James W Johnson, Report T-25, 1968, by the Forest Research Laboratory, School of Forestry, Oregon State University.  They tested several 20-ft x 60-ft diaphragms, T&G decking nailed with 2-30d nails per board to joists at 12-ft.  Let me know your fax number.  It'll take about 10 sheets.

Nels

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA