From: imran khan
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 9:25 PM
Subject: anchor problem

A contractor called me this morning regarding a steel building I designed recently. It turns out that they do not have enough projection for a column anchor bolt. This column has 4 anchor bolts, 3 are OK but the top of one bolt is flush with top of base plate.

This column has 100 kip axial load plus some moment due to wind. No earthquake loads. There is also no space in existing base plate to drill another anchor.

I can think of two options, first option is to weld a plate to existing base plate and drill and grout new anchor, second option is to add more thread to existing anchor using a coupler.

Does anyone have any other solutions

Do You Yahoo!?