Re: EQ resistant Design

>This would mean that you
>would analyze the brace frame system for 100% of the seismic load (since
>it is taking ALL of the seismic load in one direction) and likewise you
>would analyze the moment frame for 100% of the seismic load.
Doesn't this imply that the structure was resisting a total seismic load
of 1.414 times the design seismic loading at an orientation of 45 deg? If
you meant that the seismic loading is to be applied separately in each of
the two directions, is it also implied that seismic loading is to be
applied in the 'worst' direction which might not in either the 'braced
frame' or 'moment frame' direction, but at an angle to both.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw