Re: Any recommendations on maximum permitted areas of slab pour?

Why not leave the maximum pour size up to the Contractor?  He likely knows
his business better than the engineer.

Mark Gilligan

I'm not sure there are any publications that address the issue but the
intent of restricting pour size is to acknowledge that, at least in an
elevated slab,  there is a limit to how much the typical contractor can get
poured and finished in a reasonable amount of time,  without major panic
and without anyone getting hurt.