RE: Design References for Complex Light Wood Framed Roof

Most of this type of framing is done by experience and intuition. Unless you
like the challenge of spending an enormous amount of time figuring out this
complex framing, my suggestion is to get a truss designer involved and let
them worry about the roof framing. After all this is all they do for a
living and they are a lot better at it than a general practice structural
engineer.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA