No more Structural Engineer!!!![Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org, Jvzang(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Subject: No more Structural Engineer!!!!
- From: Rbengrguy(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:58:36 EST
- Cc: Rbengrguy(--nospam--at)aol.com
Attention SEAINT List members:
Tonight I received this very disturbing FAX from the president of the American Institute Of Engineers (AIE).
I scanned the FAX, translated the letters (OCR), and imported into this e-mail message for your information.
I think you might be extremely interested in the proposal.
Please PLEASE if you have comments about this FAX do NOT (DO NOT) send them to me!
Write, E-mail, FAX - Telephone the author Martin Gottlieb President AIE
Robert B. Johnson
MAR-19-02 10:24 AM AMER.INST.OF.ENGINEERS (fax) 510-223-8911 P.0l
AlE has announced the title of Structural Engineer should be deleted from the lexicon of employer given titles. Reason one cannot receive a degree in structural engineering. The more wide spread title is civil engineer.
The impact may be tremendous, I would think. Of the multitude and variety of titles received from employers, the line has to be drawn somewhere.
Why, you ask? It affects career patterns and career length.
I would appreciate your input and those' from your colleagues who I encourage you to circulate this memo.
The "YES" list from AIE is engineer, civil engineer, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, metallurgical engineer, chemical engineer. Software engineer and software scientist is a toss-up.
Engr. Martin S. Gottlieb, President
P.S. AlE has also approved chemist, physicist and mathematician and most others from the world of science, which end with "ist".
American Institute of Engineers
1018 Appian Way
El Sobrante , California 94803-1108
- Prev by Subject: Re: Nisqually Seattle Earthquake
- Next by Subject: NON-EXPENSIVE SOFTWARE
- Previous by thread: Re: Any recommendations on maximum permitted areas of slab pour?
- Next by thread: US military sites