RE: EQ resistant Design

>simultanious application of 100% of the seismic
>load in one direction and 30% of the seismic load in the other direction.
As long as I'm getting some education in this area, why 30%. Why not
simply provide the horizontal acceleration and require that it be applied
at the severest orientation? I'm almost as baffled by this provision as I
am about the utility of another analysis approach I won't mention.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw