RE: Is L 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/4" available?

Small "L" and other shapes are available from local suppliers. Suggest that
you call Morse Steel in Belingham.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yip, Kenny [mailto:kyip(--nospam--at)anvilcorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 7:38 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Is L 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/4" available?

Dear All:

I need some input from you, please.  A designer with whom I am working
together on a project specified  L 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/4" as the bearing seats
for 1 1/4" grating.  I told her that such a small size angle may be
difficult
to get, if it exists, (because the smallest size listed in my AISC Handbook
(LRFD, 2nd edition) is L2x2x1/8), but she showed me her Green Book (ASD, 9th
edition) in which the smallest size listed is L1x1x1/8".  Here is my
question:  Can we still get L 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/4" easily?  If so, why it is
not listed in the LRFD version of the Handbook?

Kenny Yip, EIT
Structural Engineer
Anvil Corporation
Bellingham, WA