Welding Aluminum To Steel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Welding Aluminum To Steel
- From: "Canitz, Charles F NAB02" <Charles.F.Canitz(--nospam--at)nab02.usace.army.mil>
- Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:01:54 -0600
I have a situation where a aluminum column(6061-T6) is to be welded to a steel(36 ksi) base plate. Due to the wide difference of melting temperatures, I understand one option is the use of an aluminum-steel transition insert. Is this a viable option or are other options more feasible(other than using an aluminum base plate)?
- Prev by Subject: Re: WEIGHT
- Next by Subject: what is it?
- Previous by thread: RE: Is L 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/4" available?
- Next by thread: Wood Shear wall Aspect Ratio 1997 UBC vs 1998CBC