basement wall analysis

** Proprietary **

One of our local engineer (MO) uses rectangular concrete tank model to design residential basement walls. (Based on PCA publish, Rectangular Concrete Tanks). He assumed that the one side of basement wall is a big concrete plate with top free, bottom hinge, and two sides fixed (limitation: length/height =<4). The book provides all the design tables for the plate models. All his designs will conclude  2 bars at top, middle and bottom of the foundation walls.

Any comments ? Please help !

Helen Zhou, PE