RE: basement wall analysis

So have I.  Works well and saves concrete. Technically a sound approach.

George Richards, P. E.

-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Zhou [mailto:Helen_Zhou(--nospam--at)stlouisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 2:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: basement wall analysis

** Proprietary **

One of our local engineer (MO) uses rectangular concrete tank model to
design residential basement walls. (Based on PCA publish, Rectangular
Concrete Tanks). He assumed that the one side of basement wall is a big
concrete plate with top free, bottom hinge, and two sides fixed (limitation:
length/height =<4). The book provides all the design tables for the plate
models. All his designs will conclude  2 bars at top, middle and bottom of
the foundation walls.

Any comments ? Please help !

Helen Zhou, PE