RE: Handy Text on Earthquake Resistant Design for Light Commercia l Buildings?

Bill:

First, sit-down and lock up those hand guns else you might shoot yourself.

Second, we do houses so I can only help to a degree.

These are what I have on my desk:

"Design of Wood Structures"  Breyer et. al.

"Seismic Design Manual"  Get the 2000 version from ICBO.

And I like what came to my desk today from our Phoenix office.  "Residential
Structural Design Guide"  from the NAHB.

There are a lot more good references and hopefully others will pipe in for
you.

Last year you guys did not even have a building code.  No problems?  Now
that you have an earthquake code, you will start getting earthquakes.  You
can bet on it.  FEMA you know.

George Richards wrapping up a long day in the land of fruits and nuts, P. E.