From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 4:02 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Q: Handy Text on Earthquake Resistant Design for Light
Commercial Buildings?

Well, the IBC 2000 is finally here, and there's just enough seismic stuff
here in Texas to have to start worrying about it. Time for me to bone
up-it's been about ten years and I know things have changed!

Can anyone recommend a good textbook/handbook with basic examples of solved
problems involving design of smaller buildings for seismic forces?
Understand I am not looking to design a high- or even mid-rise building,
just one or two or three stories.

I'd be interested to hear recommendations.

Thanks.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, TX, USA