Re: Help: Pumping Unit Skid to Beam Connection

Sir,

	The way my clients would carry out this project in Alberta, Canada, is
as follows:

1.) Drive the piles, cut them off to the correct elevation, weld a 5/8"
thick cap plate larger than the pile (which I assume to be pipe but it
doesn't matter).

2.) Have the frame made up in a shop, including the installation of all
equipment, the floor, and the shelter if there is one.  We usually have
the perimeter framing members all of the same depth to simplify setting
it on the piles.

3.) Transport the fabricated framework (we call it a packaged skid), set
it on the piles, and weld the frame to the cap plate from the outside
using a fillet weld (or from underneath as well if that is really
necessary; usually it is not).

	Hope this is helpful.

				H. Daryl Richardson