RE: EQ resistant Design

In reference to my last email on this thread...

The (2walls /4walls) is too unreal for words

The argument to reduce the risk is just not done. For the theory at the
end of the letter, you might as well print it out and use it for fire
starter.

The redundancy theory is funny.

As for the code reduced 10% from 41% to 30%, is in the code.  Might as
well take advantage of it because it is the law and the standard of
care.

I wonder if one could argue that if there is no column shared at an
intersection of walls, one could ignore the added OTM? (contrary to the
intent and physics)

David Merrick, SE