Re: Rolled Threads

Several years ago, when Simpson came out with their SSTB anchor series (at
first called STAB anchors, which contractors took to mean you could stab
them into wet concrete...)  they claimed that rolled threads were stronger
than cut threads.  Makes sense, since the threaded area gets cold-worked
during thread forming.

But maybe the real reason Simpson uses rolled threads is the same reason
your contractor wants to use them--because they're cheaper???

Personally, I'm happy when a supplier knows what he's talking about.  Last
week a contractor complained to me that A307 anchor bolts would jack up a
foundation cost because they were special order, high-strength steel.

Hey, at least your guys know what one looks like....

Thor