3x6 T&G diaphragm capacity[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint@seaint. org (E-mail)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 3x6 T&G diaphragm capacity
- From: AWCInfo <AWCINFO(--nospam--at)afandpa.org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:02:13 -0500
Here are some resources that might help:
The 1997 Uniform Building Code contains design capacities for diagonally sheathed lumber diaphragms in section 2315.3.
The 2000 International Building Code contains design capacities for diagonally sheathed lumber diaphragms in section 2306.3 Wood Diaphragms.
"Analysis Methods for Horizontal Wood Diaphragms" by Jephcott and Dewdney from proceedings of a Workshop on Design of Horizontal Wood Diaphragms (ATC-7-1) conducted by Applied Technology Council on November 19-20, 1980 (25 pages). Visit their website at http://www.atcouncil.org/ to order.
Hope this helps.
Buddy Showalter, P.E.
From: Mark Baker [mailto:shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 11:32 AM
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: 3x6 T&G diaphragm capacity
> > Anybody know or can refer me to a reference for
> diaphragm capacity on the
> following roof construction:
> 6x16 @ 10' o.c.
> 3x6 T&G sheathing (Western Red Cedar) with (2) 50d
> per board to each 6x16.
> Constructed in 1966
> > Mark
- Prev by Subject: Re: 3x6 T&G diaphragm capacity
- Next by Subject: 8" STONE VENEER ATTACHMENT
- Previous by thread: Re: 3x6 T&G diaphragm capacity
- Next by thread: Working