Re: Promoting Structural Engineering in High Schools

Aswin,

We have been doing a program here in Casper, Wyoming during engineer's week.  We obtained some videos etc. from NSPE for promoting engineering in the school systems.  We start at the Junior High Level (Middle Schools).  This is to get the kids interested to start taking the courses they will need.

Abe Knapp, P.E., S.E.
Casper, Wyoming

>>> rangaswamy(--nospam--at)sha.coffman.com 03/25/02 10:47AM >>>
Hi:

As a member of the SEAOSC Public Relations Committee, we are trying to
promote Structural Engineering at the high school level.  I am sure there
are many organizations around the globe which are trying to do the same.

I would like to hear from people who have been working on this issue.  I am
sure, quite a few of you would have volunteered for the career day at
school.  I am looking for hints and suggestions to purse this further.

Thank you.

- Aswin
Aswin Rangaswamy, P.E.
Engineer, Structural; SHA Coffman Engineers, CA
T: 818.285.2650; F: 818.285.2651
rangaswamy(--nospam--at)sha.coffman.com
www.coffman.com

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp