RE: Promoting Structural Engineering in High Schools

Title: RE: Promoting Structural Engineering in High Schools

Aswin:

I am pleased to inform you that NCSEA has been actively working in this area for more than a year.  Specifically, high school outreach is the primary mission of the Students & Educators Subcommittee of NCSEA's Advocacy Committee.  They are actively working on three fronts:  presentations, publications, and competitions.  The Chair of this subcommittee is SEAINT Listserv subscriber Dave Adams.  For more information, or to get involved in the work that they are doing, please contact Dave at: davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com.

Best regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E., F.ASCE, F.AEI
Chair, NCSEA Advocacy Committee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vice President, Structures
HALFF ASSOCIATES, INC.
8616 Northwest Plaza Drive
Dallas, Texas  75225
Phone:  (214) 346-6280
Fax:  (214) 739-0095
Email:  scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com
Website:  http://www.halff.com

Aswin Rangaswamy wrote:

As a member of the SEAOSC Public Relations Committee, we are trying to
promote Structural Engineering at the high school level.  I am sure there
are many organizations around the globe which are trying to do the same.

I would like to hear from people who have been working on this issue.  I am
sure, quite a few of you would have volunteered for the career day at
school.  I am looking for hints and suggestions to purse this further.

Thank you.

- Aswin