seismic load combination for foundation of storage mezzanine

Hi,
I'm designing a mezzanine for storage in an existing building. The dead
load=10psf and live load=250 psf.The seismic force is basically resulting
from 60% of live load. In designing the foundation for columns for the load
combination of 0.9D+E/1.4, there is a huge MsubE/1.4 and a small P of 0.9D
which gives a very big eccentricity and needs a huge foundation.(I'm adding
the foundation weight to DL and allowable soil pressure is 1500psf)
My question is:
Is it really reasonable in this case to use 0.9D and full MsubE which is
coming from 60%live load?

All comments are appreciated.
Thanks,
Reza Dashti P.Eng.