Taking the Plunge!

My partners and I are in the process of forming our own firm.  Taking into
consideration that every state's tax and business laws are different, does
anyone have any recommendations on which form of ownership provides the most
protection from personal assets?  For engineering firms in our state, I
understand the most common forms of ownership are an S Corporation, a
Limited Liability Corporation, and a Professional Corporation.

Any insights would be extremely helpful.