Re: Taking the Plunge!

John,

I forgot to mention:  If you have partners, you already have a firm,
and the organization is a partnership.  And, I trust that you have a
partnership agreement in effect that includes many of the items that were in
my previous post.

Also, I see more and more law firms dissolving their professional corporations
and creating LLPs.  It reminds me of a cartoon that appeared in the New
Yorker Magazine many years ago.  The scene was a stockbroker's office, two
people were reading a ticker tape, and outside the window a person was
falling.  The caption read, "There goes Smithly --- I wonder what he knows
that we don't."

Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona