Re: Residential Garage (Help!)

	List,
		I have heard that the origin of the 20 square inch
requirement for a point load in a garage is the load from a jack, of the
style that used to be used under a chromed steel bumper. Is this an urban
legend? I do not know, but it seems more reasonable me than a tire. Also,
this area is used in more Codes than UBC.
	James L. Getaz, III P.E.
	Winchester, Virginia