RE: Lateral loads[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: Lateral loads
- From: Albert Meyer <Ameyer(--nospam--at)martinaia.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:42:21 -0500
The studs would be designed as components and cladding for wind forces perpendicular to the face of the wall (essentially loading an individual stud). The design of the studs can also be subject to loading from both components and cladding and main wind forces. As an example for a shear wall segment the studs at the end of the segment would be designed for axial load due to overturning from loads developed with MWFRS pressures and combined with the out of plane lateral loads due developed from C&C pressures.
Hope this helps.
Albert J. Meyer, Jr., P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Lateral loads
- Next by Subject: lateral loads
- Previous by thread: Re: Lateral loads
- Next by thread: lateral loads