lateral loads[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: lateral loads
- From: "Cory Structural Engineering. P.C." <coryse(--nospam--at)bellsouth.net>
- Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:15:10 -0500
This question is in regard to lateral wind loads specified in ASCE 7-98.
Ref. table 6-9 for main wind force resisting system on a monoslope roof.
I realize that the wind force acts normal to the surface but is the force
computed based upon the actual surface area using the full length and width of the roof or is it based upon the projected area? (ref. 6.5.13)
James Cory, P.E.
Cory Structural Engineering, P.C.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Lateral loads
- Next by Subject: Re: Lateral loads
- Previous by thread: RE: Lateral loads
- Next by thread: RE: lateral loads