Re: Residential Garage (Help!)

It doesn't look like this addresses the shear issue. The NDS procedure
(& Scott's test?) is for moment distribution.
Unless the tests use the crappiest allowable framing lumber with the
defects and load strategically located to maximize the shear problem
they don't deal with the design case that typically sizes these
members-shear in the joist.
Chuck Utzman,P.E.