Re: Residential Garage (Help!)

One quick method to verify a realistic tire patch area is very simple:
Just divide the tire pressure into the tire load.   Thus a commercial
truck tire at 80 psi with a load of say 4000lbs (H-10) would load an area
of 50 square inches.   A large passenger vehicle with a tire load of
2000lbs and a pressure of 32 psi (like those deadly Firestones) would
load an area of 63 square inches.  If run at a safer 40 psi, it would
load 50 square inches.

--- Russ Nester, SE, GE

____