From: Cory Structural Engineering. P.C. [mailto:coryse(--nospam--at)bellsouth.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 9:15 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: lateral loads

This question is in regard to lateral wind loads specified in ASCE 7-98.
Ref. table 6-9 for main wind force resisting system on a monoslope roof.

I realize that the wind force acts normal to the surface but is the force
computed based upon the actual surface area using the full length and width
of the roof or is it based upon the projected area? (ref. 6.5.13)

Thanks

James Cory, P.E.
Cory Structural Engineering, P.C.
coryse(--nospam--at)bellsouth.net