Re: Need help on design of 32 storey RC structure

"Structural Analysis and Design of Tall Buildings" by Taranath is an excellent reference on high-rise design. Also "Steel, Concrete and Composite Design of Tall Buildings" by the same author.   "Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Structures" by Pauley and Priestly would be an excellent companion reference, covering just about every aspect of concrete design you would require.  Seismic or wind design, the basic principles are the same and the book is a good design reference.

30 m/s seems fairly low for a mid to high rise building in the pacific region, are you sure of the loading requirements?  I would have expected something closer to 40 m/s.  Just my opinion.

----- Original Message -----
From: tony
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 7:35 AM
Subject: Need help on design of 32 storey RC structure

I am designing a 32 storey apartment building of reinforced concrete structure. The shape of this building is squarish (approx 40m x 40m) with 8 units of apartment/floor surrounding the central lift core. The structural system is RC wall and slab system with transfer beams at the first floor.

I would appreciate very much if someone can advise where I can get some reference on highrise design. The design wind speed for this area is 30 m/s and is not subject to seismic actions.

Tony Yap
Kuala Lumpur