Re: Residential Garage (Help!)

I didn't appreciate telling me that I must be fairly young or have a young business.  I think you're dumb enough to get my point!  You might have noticed that some of the engineers in the list misinterpreted the meaning of 20 square inches to 20 inches square.  And this is what I want to know from the list if this is a misprint and was hoping that some will know the history of how the load was derived.  I used to distribute concentrated load in 2 1/2 feet square and in 1994 they changed it to 4.5" square.

I usually insist what I know is right.  I don't care what the architect wants as long as I am following the code. But these architects met some engineers who distribute the load in 20 inches square resulting in lesser joist sizes.  So I have to make sure that I am interpreting the code right.

ASQ, P.E.