Re: laminated trusses[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: laminated trusses
- From: bmartin801(--nospam--at)msn.com
- Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:39:13 -0600
- Wrom: OYIYZUNNYCGPKYLEJGDGVCJVTLBXFGGMEPY
Are you sure it was only glue?
The wood truss manufacturers here in the Midwest typically will build single ply trusses and then 2 or 3 ply them together with 1-2 rows of nails 3"-12" o.c. depending on member size and loads. (Their software design program from Mitek, Alpine, etc. provides this information). They will even go up to 4 ply, but mandate through bolts for the "plying".
Byron Martin, PE
SilverHill Co. LLC
- Prev by Subject: laminated trusses
- Next by Subject: Large Tank Foundations on Drilled Piers
- Previous by thread: laminated trusses
- Next by thread: shrinkage and temperature reinforcement for a 2' thick slab on gr ade