From: Cheng, Peter [mailto:ChengP(--nospam--at)bv.com]
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 1:08 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: shrinkage and temperature reinforcement for a 2' thick slab on
gr ade

To provide shrinkage and temperature reinforcement for a 2' thick slab on
grade, 0.0018*12*24=0.518.   <mailto:#5@12> #5@12, top and bottom seems to
be enough, but I heard people say sometimes it might need  #6@9
<mailto:#6@9> . This is a 9'X16' slab for a 10 kips equipment. What
reinforcement would you provide for this slab?

Peter