From: "Ib sa" <ieseng(--nospam--at)msn.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: Water reservoir - joints, wall ties, and alternate pours
Kevin, =20
I know that these kind of snap ties are used in elevated pools. There
are the same standard snap ties except they add to them the water
stopper.
A good shell contractor should know that a water stopper should be
required when used in your application.
Try Medow Burke they are in Tampa the Tel, # is 1-800-282-7213. Just for

curiosity why are you concern about where to get them. It is the G.C.'s
if you specify it in the specs.
About the bond breaker, what I was thinking if you must use separate
structures you might as well seperate them. From my experience an
expansion joint is required every 200 feet in a structure. In your case
you will be pouring 180' of concrete walls, the biggest concern is the
shrinkage which take place up to 90 days before it level off. I would
use a cocncrete mix with a retarder. You might want consult with your
local conc. mixing companies to see if they have any special mixes for
this type of use.

Please let me know what you decide to use. I know I am not been much of
a help but it is good to throw in ideas.

Ibrahim

Kevin Below
Génécor inc., experts-conseils