Re: Nigerian Scams

A good site to check out on these emails is www.truthorfiction.com and for virus hoaxes I go to www.vmyths.com General information on top viruses, hoaxes and stories I go to www.anti-viruscenter.com

This one was scary as it is true about the killings. And unbelievably many people that I know have called me asking if I would check it out. There are a lot of desperate people.

From: "Ray Pixley" <rpixley(--nospam--at)engineer.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: Nigerian Scams
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 02:57:12 +0500

I get those offers every few months, but not via my engineer.com address, which I use to receive list server based mail such as seaint. As I work for NYC, I simply forward them to the agency attorney who worrys about public servants being bribed. The only humerous thing about them is that the commission rates have been dropping. That must mean I'm not as important anymore, lowering my self-esteem.

There is a site that has more information on the scam. According to it, these scammers make over 1M daily. The address is as follows:

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/Business/nigerian.htm

--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8