RE: Promoting Structural Engineering (formerly - New Nigerian

>The problem with enforcing existing engineering laws is that in most
>states there is nothing in the laws that prevent an architect from
>performing engineering.
I'll take your word for it, with the provision that if such architects
can practice engineering competently, the only quibble is a matter of
which letters follow the name. If an architect cannot practice
competently, the negligent practice comes under the engineering law.

I claim my original point stands--feel-good adverts about what a splendid
bunch of chaps we engineers isn't going to do any good.

>Another example is here in Michigan...nothing up to 3500 sq ft in Michigan
>needs to be sealed by ANYONE under the Michigan PE act
Another case where ads aren't going to make a particle of difference. A
change in the law might, but you're going to have to show the legislature
some bodies first.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw