Re: IBC Component and Cladding Wind Loads.

Timothy,

First, I want to make sure that you realize that the wind load provisions
that are directly in the 2000 IBC are for "low rise" (i.e. 60 ft or less)
buildings.  The "main" wind load provisions for the 2000 IBC are actually
located by reference in ASCE 7-98.  But, you are more than likely already
aware of that...

Having said that, the two numbers in each column of Table 1609.6.2.1(2)
are for windward and leeward pressures, respectively.  I don't recall if I
found this explanation anywhere in the code or not, but it is rather
evident by the signs of each of the numbers.  In wind pressures, a
positive values represents a wind pressure acting toward the structure (in
this case a windward pressure) and the negative values represent a wind
pressure acting awat from the structure (in this case a leeward pressure).

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI