Re: Promoting Structural Engineering (formerly - New Nigerian

I suggest that for those who wish to be really "creative" in structural
engineering, to work to be in charge of the projects - either as
developer or as lead designer. That is to hire the architect and other
professionals and personally do whatever part you wish. I have two
architects who work for me on a project-by-project basis. It has never
seemed to stop other architects from hiring me to do structural or civil
engineering. I have never advertised in any way.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA