From: chuckuc [mailto:chuckuc(--nospam--at)pacbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 10:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: ban treated wood

Both ACZA & CCA are being phased out. Around here it looks like CBA will
be the replacement (the proprietary name is "Wolmanizing"). Non toxic,
non corrosive, ICBO approved, available in D.F.@ .2 above grade & .4 for
direct burial. Looks like good stuff & I've changed my spec sheet
accordingly.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.

Jeff Smith wrote:

Most likely CCA pressure treated wood will be out of use for residential
construction in a few years. Alternate chemicals have been
registered, but I
am more in favor of a non toxic product from recycled materials.
How about
the "PowerSill"? a high strength, composite material impervious
to dry rot
and pests for use as shearwall sill plates? Also we need a non
toxic product
for wood landscape/retaining walls. Maybe these products already
exist, does
anyone know?

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/citizens/cca_transition.htm

jeff

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
* without your permission. Make s ure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org