From: Jeff Smith [mailto:smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 3:54 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ban treated wood

Most likely CCA pressure treated wood will be out of use for residential
construction in a few years. Alternate chemicals have been registered, but I
am more in favor of a non toxic product from recycled materials. How about
the "PowerSill"? a high strength, composite material impervious to dry rot
and pests for use as shearwall sill plates? Also we need a non toxic product
for wood landscape/retaining walls. Maybe these products already exist, does
anyone know?

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/citizens/cca_transition.htm

jeff